I am an experienced educational leader with 25 years of experience in teaching, the last 10 as Head of School in leading independent international schools in Singapore, Ecuador, Spain and Montenegro.
I have now given up full time work as headteacher and I am working with leaders and schools to utilise my skills and considerable experience of education and school leadership in different ways. I am available for consultancy, coaching and mentoring, short or medium project work, and voluntary positions.
Leadership Coaching & Development:
● I am a certified leadership coach, and offer guidance to school governing bodies on recruitment and performance management of senior leaders and headteachers.
● I support senior leaders either individually or as a leadership team, to develop sustainable behavioural changes that improve school performance.
Sustainable School improvement:
● At British School Quito, I led systemic change that led to rapid improvements in student outcomes. The school achieved its highest IB Diploma results, two years in a row, moving from an 80% to 100% pass rate, and increasing the average points from 27 to 30.5 (equivalent to going from ABC to AAAC at A-Level).
● I am trained by the Council of International Schools (CIS) and International Baccalaureate Organisation (IB) on school accreditation. I successfully led British School Quito through its 5 Year Review by the IB, CIS, and New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
● EtonHouse International School Orchard, Singapore. I was Founding Principal of Orchard, and successfully led the school through candidacy and authorisation for the IB PYP and Diploma programmes and IGCSE with Cambridge Assessment International Examinations.
● KSI Montenegro, Montenegro. I joined KSI to open a Secondary and Boarding school to the existing IB PYP Primary school. I successfully submitted candidacy applications for IB MYP and Diploma and secured recognition agreements for the IB Diploma with the Minister of Education and local universities.
IB Curriculum / Authorisation:
● I have been an IB educator for 16 years as a teacher, workshop leader, and Head of School. I am an active member of the IB Educator Network.
● I have successfully led schools from candidacy, through authorisation, to re-accreditation, in the PYP, MYP and Diploma programmes.
● I enjoy innovation, collaboration and delivering impact. I have been actively involved in leading teacher training and professional learning throughout my career.
● I am an expert trainer, highly effective mentor and qualified leadership coach who has worked successfully with a wide group of aspiring and existing Headteachers and senior leaders.
Staff & Student Wellbeing:
● I am a passionate advocate for mental health and wellbeing, and work with schools on implementing curriculum programmes that support both staff and students.
● I have developed gratitude, empathy and mindfulness programmes that deliver sustained improvements in wellbeing.
Feedback on EtonHouse International School Orchard from the IB Diploma authorisation team, April 2020.
“The school leadership has led the process well. You have come a long way in a short period of time. The school is very much on the right track. It is really good for the school to have such an experienced Principal and IB Diploma Coordinator, with such strong IB backgrounds, leading the school.”
“They say it takes a village to educate a child. Your school lives that. We could see the bond, the passion, the community.”